In a previous post we discussed adding support for #GoLang to the sub-package OAuth. To extend this work further, this project allows you to explore the Foursquare API in more depth and additionally provide some proposed edits.
The project is split into two parts:
- app — containing details about the app serving content via AppEngine
- fsq — a lightweight library for go to perform search and display venue information.
1. Get Your Developer Keys
Once you get setup you should have two important pieces of information:
- CLIENT_ID — Unique to your registered application.
- CLIENT_SECRET — Unique and private to your application.
Please remember to keep these keys in a secure location.
2. Clone this repo
3. Amend App.yaml with your variables
These are directly environment variables.
env_variables: FSQ_CLIENT_ID: 'YOUR_FOURSQUARE_KEY' // found in step 1 FSQ_CLIENT_SECRET: 'YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET' // found in step 1 FSQ_VERSION: 'YYYYMMDD' // e.g. 20170101
4. Run your application
Once your application is up and running, you can tweak it to your needs.
And if you've come this far, we'd love to hear from you.