After a huge 2015 when our Enterprise and Media businesses grew over 160%, Foursquare has been on a tear. In January, we raised $45M to continue accelerating our growth as a location intelligence company. Since then, we've made more than 35 talented hires, notably:
- Chad Jeskewitz will head our Midwest office as regional director. Chad comes to Foursquare with 20 years of experience from Apple, where he was responsible for selling iAd to major brands and agencies in the central territory. He has held senior positions at SessionM and Quantcast.
- Kimberly Smith will be directing Foursquare's West Coast regional office from San Francisco. Previously, Kimberly was general manager at Flashtalking and head of US sales and strategy at Appsnack. She'll be overseeing operations in SF and LA.
- Beginning earlier this year, Nikki Wegner directs Foursquare's east regional sales operation in partnership with Leah Malone. Nikki comes to Foursquare with more than 10 years of digital sales experience, most recently as vice president of sales at Gamut (A Division of Cox).
- To continue fueling our significant growth in the automotive market, Foursquare has opened up its Detroit office with the hiring of Kristine Bonds, who came from RadiumOne, which builds intelligent software that automates media buying. She'll be focused primarily on our media solutions, including Pinpoint and Attribution.
- Jeff Reine, Head of Business Development, Platform Partnerships, is based in Foursquare's SF office, and focuses on the enterprise businesses, which include strategic partnerships and data licensing efforts. He previously held senior BD roles at Paypal, Skype and imeem.
- On the heels of our expanding global partnerships with major consumer tech companies, I'm proud to announce that we have officially opened up operations in Asia. Now leading our business development efforts in the region, Jeremy Geiger joins us from his previous post as CEO of Retailigence, a leading provider of in-store product data and location services for facilitating a shopper's path-to-purchase in brick-and-mortar stores.
- On the business side alone, more than a dozen other roles have been created and filled since January, with new hires coming from Yahoo, YuMe, CBS, News Corp, Thinknear, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Accenture, Ogilvy & Mathur and more.
I'd also like to take a moment to highlight two senior sales hires from 2015 in NYC:
- Michael Rosen, VP Sales, has been overseeing our brand and agency sales efforts and leading the evolution and growth of the sales team. A 15+ year ad business veteran, Michael was most recently the founding Chief Revenue Officer at First Look media, the technology-driven, independent journalism company launched by eBay co-founder Pierre Omidyar.
- Peter Krasniqi, VP Global Sales Strategy & Operations, has been an integral part of the team as we quickly grew and scaled in Q4 and Q1 2016, particularly as we launched the Attribution business this past February. He joined from Tapad where he was Vice President of Performance and Business Development and built the first cross-device as product for TV called TV Pulse.
Our team keeps getting stronger, and this year is looking better than ever. In the past three months, we launched Attribution, our advertising measurement tool; flexed the analytics muscle of Place Insights with new predictions that were dead-on; launched significant updates to the Foursquare and Swarm apps and surpassed 9 billion check-ins. Looking further into 2016, we are poised to continue this tremendous growth, quickly expanding to further develop our consumer apps and enterprise solutions (Pinpoint, Attribution, Place Insights, Places).
Want to join our industry-leading team? We're hiring across engineering, sales and more — find all open job positions here.