2016 has been a banner year for growth at Foursquare. Since January, we have strengthened our location intelligence business with new offerings like Attribution, nearly doubled both our enterprise and media businesses in H1 and even hit a record 10 billion check-ins while releasing new versions of the Foursquare city guide and Swarm check-in apps. In order to keep shipping awesome products and serving more customers and partners, we have hired over 60 new people. Here are some of the latest.
Foursquare has officially opened its first Los Angeles office. We're no strangers to LA, but a recent explosion in demand — from the local automotive, entertainment, CPG and QSR industries — has led us to expand our presence there more seriously. With our new Los Angeles offices in Playa Vista, we now have a dedicated sales team that can serve our clients and partners in and around Los Angeles as well as the entire Southwest. We are thrilled to welcome Senior Brand Partners Lindsay Aston, Matt Bontaites and Karen Lurry. They will lead Foursquare's efforts in Los Angeles and play a pivotal role in leveraging Foursquare's best-in-class location insights to power strategic media activations for brands in the area.
- Lindsay has over ten years in digital ad sales experience from large corporations like Ziff Davis, CNET and Hearst as well as startups Meebo, TrueX and Gravity.
- Matt joins us from Thinknear, where he was Region VP of Sales, and has previously held media sales roles at Ziff Davis, Time Inc., and The Wall Street Journal.
- Karen brings with her a strong data-driven ad tech background from her six years at Collective, as well as branded content experience from her most recent role as a Senior Brand Partner at Woven Digital.
We are also happy to announce new senior team leaders:
- Tamar Shapiro came on board as our new VP, Head of Analytics. Tamar previously held the role of VP and Head of Global Analytics for American Express Digital and has over 12 years of analytics experience. Rigorous analytics infuses everything we do from our consumer experiences to business solutions including Place Insights, Pinpoint and Attribution. We're so excited to have Tamar at our New York headquarters taking charge of this critical area.
- Gareth Paul Jones has started as Director of Technology Services as part of the San Francisco-based business development team. He leads our enterprise technical services team, expanding technical integration support for developer and enterprise partners and serving as the technical lead for some of our largest partners, including Apple, Uber and Twitter. Before joining Foursquare, Gareth led mobile partner integrations at Twitter, and previously held product manager roles at TRUSTe and Apple, and worked as a customer solutions engineer at Google.
- Marc Ellenbogen has joined as Foursquare's new General Counsel. Marc will be based in New York and will be responsible for guidance regarding all legal, policy and compliance matters. Marc has nearly 20 years of legal experience across major advertising and media companies including Undertone, where he served as General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for the past four years and Time Inc. where he spent more than ten years in several Assistant and Associate General Counsel Roles.
Want to join our team? We're hiring across engineering, sales and more — find all open job positions here.